Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Fourth of November, catchy ain't it?


Yup, I voted this morning. It is my first Presidential vote, I wasn't peeing my pants in anticipation, however I do enjoy checking the race now and again during my movie marathon. Yes, it is a very important election, I will be anxious to see what will happen when the candidate I didn't vote for win, if he does. Maybe they'll change my views. But I will not, unlike many others in this country, be absolutely outraged if I don't get who I really didn't want in the office in the first place. Neither of them are absolutely fantastic, but it's what we have to work with, maybe I should have voted Green. Ha ha, I think they were both women, scary stuff...

Anyway, back to my first presidential vote, I had no idea I would wait as long as I did. The last vote I did cast I was in and out quicker than fast food, this time, a little longer, to the tune of going to Olive Garden on 'friday date night' in St. George, waiting for a table AND possibly ordering, yup, about that long.

All in all it wasn't bad in line, someone made a comment about being in the right line and I responded with a cafeteria quip (we were in a middle school). It was a nice chuckle had by all involved that ended and was never brought to life again, so then it got boring and I proceeded to do what I always do in public places, people watch, it was enjoyable. I learned that Fiji is the quintessential paradise/beach spot, even though the couple only made day trips there, they were on a cruise. When I go, I'm doing it full force, no cruise ship involved during my awesome vaca.

5 comments:

ASRussell said...

it was my first Presidential vote too...but I didn't have to wait at all...lucky me!!! BTW...how the heck are ya???

The VIPs said...

Ralph Nader is my hero.

Lauren said...

One day, he might just win it...

The VIPs said...

you know he'll keep trying till he does...or till he dies...

Lauren said...

"Nader had his best turnout in MA, 0.9 percent of the vote." Ha ha, I do like his view on raising minimum wage to $10 though, inflation inflation inflation.